Enjoy the best Easter dessert in a pop-able size. Plant-based, ready in 10 minutes & no baking. Kid-approved!
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 carrots, quartered
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until well combined and sticky, but not a paste.
- Use wet palms to roll the carrot “dough” into balls.
- Optional: pour extra shredded coconut into a small bowl, and roll the balls in the coconut to coat the outside.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian. Rolled oats (not gluten-free) may be freely substituted, as desired.
For vegan, gluten-free carrot cake bites, substitute maple syrup for the honey.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 19mg
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: carrot cake bites, carrot cake balls, carrot cake bliss balls