When you want vegan fajitas but your family insists on meat, these cheap fajitas please everyone. One pan, drive-thru prices & BOLD flavor!
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 12 oz white/button mushrooms, halved
- 14 oz pinto beans, drained
- 1 avocado, halved and scooped
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- 10 medium flour tortillas (substitute corn tortillas for GF)
- Optional: 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Set oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, combine half of the fajita seasoning packet with cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt (to taste).
- In one bowl, toss and marinate chicken strips in 1 Tbsp oil & 1 Tbsp seasoning mixture. In a second bowl, toss and marinate drained pinto beans in 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp seasoning mixture.
- Cover 2/3 of the baking sheet with foil, folding the internal edge up to make divider. Use foil to make 2 smaller sections in the remaining 1/3 of the baking sheet. You’re basically making a big version of a microwave meal plate! 1 big section and 2 small sections, so the ingredients don’t mix.
- Add onion, peppers and mushrooms to the larger section. Drizzle with 1/2 Tbsp oil and 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning. Broil for 8 minutes. Toss veggies.
- While the veggies broil: Cut lime into wedges. Cut open the avocado and remove pit. Using a spoon, scoop the avocado into a small bowl. Squeeze one lime wedge into the avocado. Add a pinch of salt. Smash with a spoon.
- Add chicken to one smaller section of foil. Add beans to the other section.
- Return to oven. Broil the whole pan for 8 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (no pink) and veggies have a nice char.
- Serve with warm tortillas and smashed guacamole.
This recipe can be served vegan/vegetarian or with meat for omnivores.
Substitute corn tortillas for gluten-free.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Broil
- Cuisine: Mexican