Crispy cherry granola tops vanilla yogurt & frozen cherries. It’s an easy breakfast or snack. Gluten-free granola without oats is simple, crunchy and flavorful.
Gluten-Free Granola Without Oats
Have you ever made homemade granola? It’s so easy! Combine some dry ingredients and wet ingredients, bake, and you’re done. This recipe is a great source of protein, healthy fats and omegas. You’ll stay full all morning.
After trying this once, you may want to double the recipe!
Since it’s almost Valentine’s Day, I thought some deeply sweet cherries would be the perfect pop of flavor! This cherry granola over dairy-free yogurt and frozen cherries is an indulgent combination, with zero guilt.
My two favorite breakfast flavors are hydrating fresh fruit or sweet, nutty and warm flavors. Cherry quinoa amaranth porridge is another favorite breakfast recipe. Cherries, nuts, maple syrup… are you catching a trend?!
Let’s Make Gluten-Free Granola!
Grab a mixing bowl, spoon and baking sheet… less than 30 minutes from now, you can have warm, crunchy granola.
If you have gluten-free oats, you can absolutely include them in this recipe. I developed this version to be entirely grain-free, because my family is obsessed with crunchy nuts. Nuts are also protein-packed! Check out my free printable & video about vegan protein sources.
- Core granola ingredients: pecans, slivered almonds (my daughter calls them “slithered almonds”!), unsweetened coconut flakes, and dried cherries.
- Other dry ingredients: ground cinnamon, ground flaxseed meal, vanilla protein powder and sea salt.
- Wet ingredients: coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Mix Dry Ingredients
In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Just dump ’em in. If you let kiddos help (and try the ingredients individually), I’ve found they’re way more likely to eat the final product! #MomTips4Life
Heat Liquid Granola Ingredients
In a small pot over low heat, combine the wet ingredients (coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup). Heat gently and stir to combine.
Pour the heated wet ingredients over the dry ingredients.
Combine & Bake Cherry Nut Granola
Give the bowl a good stir to make sure the nuts, coconut and cherries are well-coated. This is another fun job for little hands!
Spread the granola mixture onto a lined baking sheet.
Bake the granola on the middle rack at 300 for 20 minutes. This is one you’ll need to keep an eye on, as the time gets close. You want to see beautiful, golden granola… but not burned. Yours may need to cook a few more minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
The granola will continue getting crispier as it cools.
Store your cherry, vanilla, nutty granola in an air-tight container for several days.
Vegan Yogurt Parfait Meal Prep
If your work break room (or house) is a tempting assortment of unhealthy wonders, you may like getting weekday breakfast ready on Sunday. Yes, you could get a yogurt parfait at SpendBucks. But, those add up. And they don’t have a vegan option. And their granola isn’t this epic!
Grab 4 food storage containers. Layer frozen cherries and vegan vanilla yogurt. I love the “Silk” brand because it’s thick and creamy. Then seal. I’ve found the granola gets soggy if you add it to the parfaits on Sunday. Add granola servings to zipper bags or small containers.
Once the kids have their backpacks on, grab one of these on your way out the door. Pop the granola on top when you’re ready to dig in!
Need an idea for lunch meal prep, too? Try veggie stir fry noodles. Both of these recipes would take less than an hour combined, and you’d be the envy of your coworkers!
Gluten-Free Granola Combinations
This recipe is simple to customize. 2 cups of nuts and 1 1/2 cups of dried fruit. Walnuts and dried apples? Yep! Almonds, peanuts and dried blueberries? Yep!
Other Recipe Blogs with Delicious Granola Recipes
- Feasting on Fruit: Oil-Free Chocolate Coconut Granola
- Nourished The Blog: Honey Almond Granola
- Pinch of Yum: Big Cluster Peanut Butter Granola
Crispy cherry granola tops vanilla yogurt & frozen cherries. It’s an easy breakfast or snack. Homemade GF granola is simple!
- 1 cup pecan pieces, unsalted
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed meal
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
Yogurt Parfait Meal Prep
- 4 cups vanilla dairy-free yogurt
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Heat a small pot over low heat.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients.
- Stir to combine well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon the nut mixture onto the baking sheet. Use spoon to flatten and spread out.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown (don’t over cook).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Granola crisps up as it cools.
- To assemble yogurt parfaits for meal prep in 4 air-tight containers: add 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup yogurt, and top with 1/2 cup granola.
Vegetarian: This recipe is vegetarian.
Vegan: This recipe is vegan.
Gluten-Free: This recipe is gluten-free.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 454
- Sugar: 21.4g
- Sodium: 90mg
- Fat: 30.3g
- Saturated Fat: 14.7g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: granola, gluten free granola, grain free granola, vegan yogurt parfait, vegan parfait, breakfast meal prep