Saucy, pan-cooked tortilla chips are loaded with toppings. These vegetarian chilaquiles with egg takes only 15 minutes & is kid-friendly. Your new favorite!
- 18 oz corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup enchilada sauce, mild
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- optional toppings: jalapeno slices, cilantro, crumbled queso fresco, lime wedges
- In your largest skillet over medium heat, simmer salsa, enchilada sauce & spices until the mixture reduces and thickens slightly (3-5 minutes).
- Toss the chips in the mixture. Toss gently to coat. Continue to cook.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, cook eggs in the style you prefer.
- When chips are slightly softened, about 5 minutes later, remove from heat.
- Serve the sauce-covered tortillas on a plate or bowl, top with egg and other optional toppings.
This recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free.
Substitutions for vegan: Omit egg, substitute beans. Omit queso fresco, substitute for vegan cheeze.
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 3.6
- Sodium: 517mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrates: 67.9g
- Fiber: 11.8g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Cholesterol: 164mg
Keywords: vegetarian chilaquiles, chilaquiles with egg,