Oh so creamy & dreamy. Coconut red lentil curry dal is total comfort food, Indian style! Instant Pot + 10 ingredients = a weeknight winner.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (or 1/2 tsp dried ginger)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoons vegetable broth concentrate paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- sea salt, to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute with the lid off.
- Cook oil, ginger and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add onion powder, curry, garam masala and stir until fragrant.
- Add lentils and broth. Stir to combine.
- Set lid to “sealing”. Set Instant Pot to “manual” for 9 minutes.
- After it has come to pressure and cooked for 9 minutes, allow the steam to “natural release” for 9 more minutes.
- Stir coconut milk into the lentils. Stir. Salt to taste.
Tip: salt lentils after they’re cooked, otherwise they can become tough if they’re salted before cooking.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Indian