Cheese tortellini & fresh veggies are an easy weeknight soup. Fast, family-friendly and oh so cozy, this vegetarian Instant Pot tortellini soup is a winner.
We’re ringing in 2019 with snow, sub-zero temps, kid-cuddles, favorite friends, and cozy cheese tortellini soup. Snow days just beg for soup, chili, and other “fireplace food”. Eating a hot bowl of this soup was totally worth the icy, snowy drive down the mountain to get fresh tortellini!
Fast & Family-Friendly Soup
This recipe get my Official Mom Stamp of Approval because it comes together in 30 minutes, is dump-and-go easy, and is a whole meal with one pot to wash. Also, pasta!
This tortellini soup is packed with veggies to balance out all the leftover holiday cookies. Feel free to use whatever veggies you have on-hand and that your family likes. Even the pickiest eaters will like the pillowy, cheese-filled tortellini. Little “sous chefs” will also have fun helping make this recipe because there are lots of goodies to pour in (but adults only for venting the steam, please).
Let’s Cook Instant Pot Tortellini Soup!
One of the best things about the Instant Pot is sauteeing in the same pot so there’s only one cooking dish to wash. Set your IP to “Saute” mode, and let the onion, carrot and garlic soften for a few minutes.
Then just dump in all those beautiful veggies, seasonings and broth. Put the lid on and pressure cook for 15 minutes. There’s no fancy technique in this recipe!
Add Cheese Tortellini and Kale
The soup will cook for 15 minutes and then the IP will beep. Release the steam safely. Then add the refrigerated cheese tortellini and kale. Set the IP to “Keep Warm” mode, and put the lid back on for 15 minutes.
Have the kiddos help set the table (or start a fire in the fireplace!) and your soup will be a perfect dinner! Grate some fresh parmesan over the soup, if you are feeling fancy.
If you can’t get enough Instant Pot soups this winter, try this blizzard-weather Mushroom-Lovers Wild Rice Soup. It’s thick as risotto and deeply savory.Print
Vegetarian Tortellini Soup is oh-so-cozy, and easy in the Instant Pot.
- Olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 5 kale leaves, torn off stalk
- Grated Parmesan to top (optional)
- Set Instant Pot to “Saute” mode, drizzle olive oil in.
- When hot, saute onion, garlic and carrot for 5 minutes.
- Pour a bit of the vegetable broth in, and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to deglaze.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, tomato, and remaining broth. Stir to combine.
- Seal the lid, and set knob to “sealing”. Put Instant Pot in “Manual” for 15 minutes.
- When it beeps, immediately do a “quick release” carefully. Use tongs to turn the release valve in short sprays, to ensure the soup broth doesn’t spray out of the valve. After a few sprays, open the release valve all the way.
- Add tortellini and kale.
- Switch the Instant Pot to “Keep Warm” mode. Place the lid back on. Let the tortellini cook and kale soften for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid. Serve soup with parmesan cheese on top.
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 1019mg
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 34.6g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 15.4g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
Keywords: vegetarian instant pot, instant pot soup, tortellini soup