- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (or use cinnamon applesauce)
- Set your oven to its lowest temperature (170°-200° F).
- Lay a silicone baking mat on top of a rimmed baking sheet. Pour applesauce onto the mat.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the applesauce into an even 1/8″ layer.
- Dehydrate in the oven for about 3 hours.
- Let cool. Then use a metal spatula to gently lift a corner of the fruit leather up. Gently continue to peel the whole sheet off.
- Place fruit leather on top of parchment paper. Using scissors, cut the fruit leather and the parchment paper underneath into 2″ x 5″ strips.
- Leave as strips or roll up and tape shut.
- Store in a freezer zipper bag or glass food storage container, and keep in a cool dark place for 2-4 weeks.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Dehydrate
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruit leather, fruit strips, homemade fruit leather, fruit roll ups, vegan kid snacks