BBQ Pulled Jackfruit gets a tropical twist! Jackfruit pulled “pork” with sweet mango is an easy vegan dinner. Lime jalapeño coleslaw adds crunch.
BBQ Pulled Jackfruit
- 1 can green jackfruit, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup organic bbq sauce
- 1 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mango
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
Lime Jalapeno Coleslaw
- 3 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno, minced (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine coleslaw ingredients in a bowl. Toss well to coat.
- In a small pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the drained, rinsed jackfruit. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water. Using 2 forks, shred the jackfruit in the pot.
- Add BBQ sauce, vegan Worcestershire sauce, mango and liquid smoke.
- Return heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Divide BBQ pulled jackfruit between the 4 buns. Top with coleslaw.
This recipe is vegan. However, please check the label on your BBQ sauce. For gluten-free, substitute whole wheat buns for GF buns, bread or rolls of choice. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. BBQ Pulled Jackfruit is easily doubled or tripled.
Keywords: bbq jackfruit, bbq pulled jackfruit