Got 20 minutes? This delicious curried black eyed peas recipe is calling you. Use what you’ve got on-hand. Perfect for vegan meal prep!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 14oz can black eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halfed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14oz can coconut milk
- hot sauce, to taste
- Heat a large skillet with a little coconut oil.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, onion, cherry tomatoes, curry powder, garlic powder and salt.
- After about 5 minutes, they’ll be softer but not all the way done. Tip: a fork should still meet some resistance when piercing the zucchini.
- Now add the black eyed peas.
- Stir to coat the beans in the curry powder-veggie-mix. Pour in coconut milk and simmer for about 5 minutes. Curry is done when peas are warmed through and zucchini is fork-tender.
- If you’re like me, add a couple dashes of hot sauce now!
- Serve with rice.
This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
Enjoy immediately. Or, let the curry cool then divide into food storage containers.
- Category: Curry
- Method: Pan
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: black eyed peas recipe, vegan black eyed peas, black eyed pea curry