Craving pizza, but you really should have a salad? Mediterranean salad pizza to the rescue! Crispy, savory and veggie-packed.
This recipe is for one flatbread pizza, so that you can double (or triple) based on the size of your family.
- 1 flatbread or naan, precooked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 seitan smoky “bacon” strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mixed spring greens
- balsamic glaze, to taste
- Brush lightly with olive oil
- Pan sear for 10 min: red pepper, red onion, sundried tomatoes & seitan bacon cut in “bits”
- Basil and lemon ricotta, chopped artichoke hearts, and pan seared ingredients
- Top rack hot oven (450-500) for 5 min
- Top with at the end: Mixed spring greens
Balsamic glaze drizzle
- Easy to make one for flavor-seekers and one for picky palates: one with ricotta & shredded cheese, seitan bacon bits, and salad on the side
Vegetarian: This recipe is vegetarian.
Vegan: Substitute dairy-free cheese.
Gluten-Free: Use a gluten-free crust and omit seitan bacon (which contains vital wheat gluten).
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1/2 pizza
- Calories: 486
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Protein: 31g
Keywords: salad pizza, salad on pizza, vegetarian salad pizza, vegetarian pizza