Oatmeal breakfast cookies with juicy raisins are a kid-approved, make-ahead breakfast. 10g of protein are hidden in just 2 oatmeal raisin cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup sunbutter (or preferred nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In one mixing bowl, stir dry ingredients together. In a second bowl, stir the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir well to combine.
- Shape dough into 3″ cookies.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet with a silicone mat. (Note: cookies will not rise or change shape during baking).
- Bake for 15 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Remove from pan and cool the cookies.
Make a double or triple batch to enjoy all week.
For soft, chewy cookies, store in an air-tight container on the counter.
This recipe is vegan and nut-free.
For gluten-free cookies, simply substitute gluten-free oats.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal breakfast cookies