An easy & filling roasted vegetable salad with fresh spring flavors, a sweet
This roasted vegetable salad is not your mama’s salad! Err… well… maybe it is?! My mama is probably going to ask me to cook this for her the next time we visit!
Why you will love this Roasted Vegetable Salad recipe:
- Carrots love to be sweet. Their natural, earthy sweetness is brought out brilliantly by roasting or glazing. And since I am obsessed with the “crunchy bits”, I am Team Roast!
- If you haven’t cooked with fennel before, it’s a big white bulb with fluffy green fronds. The bulb, when sliced, looks similar to onion… but it actually tastes slightly sweet with an anise-like flavor (black licorice flavor, but subtle).
- Chickpeas are a mild, small bean that
- The world of lettuce beyond iceberg is impressive. Spring greens bring a delicate, light flavor. While romaine brings a cool CRUNCH!
- The Dressing for this healthy vegetable salad is made with maple syrup, dijon mustard, tahini (sesame seed butter), and olive oil. The flavor is much like honey mustard, but with a fuller flavor.
- Sprinkled on top are pine nuts, fresh thyme
andfresh parsley… and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Extra little pops of flavor!
How to make Roasted Vegetable Salad:
This roasted vegetable salad sure may look like a LOT, but it is as simple as putting a pan in the oven, stirring a small bowl, and then piling it all onto a plate. Meatless can be filling,
Fresh produce & pantry staples
Roast Veggies Together in One Pan
Halve the carrots lengthwise. Slice the white fennel bulb. Drain the can of chickpeas and pat dry with a towel. Arrange on a large baking sheet.
Drizzle carrots with maple syrup. Drizzle chickpeas with a little olive oil and salt. Roast the vegetables at 425 for about 30 minutes. Halfway through cooking, use tongs to flip carrots and stir chickpeas.
How to make the 4-Ingredient Sweet Maple Dijon Dressing
I love honey mustard dressing. It’s sweet and tastes awesome. I also have a friend who makes a fabulous maple tahini drizzle for her roasted veggies. This Tahini Maple Mustard Dressing is a mash-up of both! Sweet, creamy and flavor-packed. You’ll wanna eat this all the time, once you see how simple it is.
Your Roasted Vegetable Salad is Ready!
Drizzle your roasted vegetable salad with your sweet
You can serve the roasted vegetables warm or let them cool down before arranging them on your salad.
If you’re not eating the roasted vegetable salad immediately, wait to drizzle the maple dijon dressing until you’re in your chair. Nobody has time for a soggy salad! This would be a great potluck recipe for spring and Easter parties… where will you take this dish? Let me know in the comments!
Variations on this roasted vegetable salad recipe:
- If you’re allergic to sesame, you can use smooth almond butter for the dressing.
- Want to add some fruit to your warm vegetable salad? Top it with some fresh orange filets.
- Pecans and walnuts make for excellent toppings, if you’re not fond of pine nuts.
- If you’re not vegan, you could also crumble some feta or goat cheese on top of this salad.
An easy & filling roasted vegetable salad with fresh spring flavors, a sweet tahini maple dijon dressing, and chickpeas for plant-based protein. Restaurant-style vegetarian cuisine at your own table!
- 2 bunches small carrots (about 15 small carrots), halved lengthwise
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 14oz canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp olive oil, to drizzle on chickpeas
- 1 tsp maple syrup, to drizzle on carrots
- 10oz mixed spring greens or leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
Sweet Dijon Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, leaves pulled from stalk
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Prep vegetables. Arrange carrots, fennel and chickpeas on a large roasting pan.
- Transfer pan to the oven, middle rack. Roast for about 30 minutes. Flip/stir after 15 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, combine sweet dijon dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Whisk/stir well to combine.
- When vegetables are done, fill bowls or plates with lettuce. Top with roasted veggies. Add additional toppings. Drizzle with sweet djion dressing and balsamic glaze.
Dietary Notes: This dish is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free!
How to enjoy leftovers: These veggies are best enjoyed right out of the oven. But you can store roasted carrots, fennel and chickpeas in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Store lettuce separately. Roasted veggies lose their crisp and crunch in the refrigerator. They are best reheated in the oven or toaster oven to restore a little of the firm texture. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave, if needed.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 14.2g
- Sodium: 542mg
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 58.5g
- Fiber: 14.4g
- Protein: 11.1
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted vegetables, roasted carrot salad