An easy & filling roasted vegetable salad with fresh spring flavors, a sweet tahini maple dijon dressing, and chickpeas for plant-based protein. Restaurant-style vegetarian cuisine at your own table!
- 2 bunches small carrots (about 15 small carrots), halved lengthwise
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 14oz canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp olive oil, to drizzle on chickpeas
- 1 tsp maple syrup, to drizzle on carrots
- 10oz mixed spring greens or leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
Sweet Dijon Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, leaves pulled from stalk
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Prep vegetables. Arrange carrots, fennel and chickpeas on a large roasting pan.
- Transfer pan to the oven, middle rack. Roast for about 30 minutes. Flip/stir after 15 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, combine sweet dijon dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Whisk/stir well to combine.
- When vegetables are done, fill bowls or plates with lettuce. Top with roasted veggies. Add additional toppings. Drizzle with sweet djion dressing and balsamic glaze.
Dietary Notes: This dish is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free!
How to enjoy leftovers: These veggies are best enjoyed right out of the oven. But you can store roasted carrots, fennel and chickpeas in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Store lettuce separately. Roasted veggies lose their crisp and crunch in the refrigerator. They are best reheated in the oven or toaster oven to restore a little of the firm texture. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave, if needed.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 14.2g
- Sodium: 542mg
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 58.5g
- Fiber: 14.4g
- Protein: 11.1
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted vegetables, roasted carrot salad