Roasted frozen cauliflower? Super yummy, not mushy! Add it to a hearty salad with brown rice, chickpeas, tomatoes & lemon poppy seed dressing.
- 12oz frozen cauliflower florets
- 14oz canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (GF, if necessary)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups cooked brown & wild rice
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- lemon poppy seed dressing
- Rub 1 tablespoon of oil on a baking sheet. Place in a cold oven.
- Set oven to preheat to 425.
- In a mixing bowl, combine frozen cauliflower, chickpeas and remaining oil. Toss to coat. Then add bread crumbs, garlic, Italian herbs and salt. Toss to coat again.
- When oven is heated, pour the frozen cauliflower mixture onto the heated pan. Spread ingredients in a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes. Turn the oven up to “broil” for the last 1-2 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add rice, tomatoes and parsley to a serving dish or meal prep containers. Top with roasted cauliflower and chickpeas when done.
- Drizzle with creamy lemon poppy seed dressing just before serving.
This recipe is vegan without dressing. Choose a vegetarian, vegan or homemade dressing based on your needs.
Rice: I used Lundberg’s Wild Rice Blend, cooked in the Instant Pot. 2 cups of rice, 2 cups of vegetable broth, and a pinch of salt. Pressure cook for 28 (30 minutes for high altitude) and natural release.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 618
- Sugar: 25
- Sodium: 900mg
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 93.5g
- Fiber: 25g
- Protein: 28.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted cauliflower