Broken lasagna noodles smothered in vegan pesto are a shortcut for Italian “silk handkerchief” pasta. Mushrooms & zucchini make it perfect for spring!
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 6 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
Creamy Vegan Pesto
- 7oz butter beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 cups kale
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot with salted water. Bring to a boil.
- Add lasagna noodles, breaking them into 4-5 pieces as you add them.
- While the pasta cooks, add all pesto ingredients (except olive oil) in a food processor or high-speed blender. Turn processor on, and slowly drizzle olive oil until the mixture has just begun to blend smoothly.
- When the pasta is nearly al dente, drain most of the pasta water, reserving about 1 cup in the pot.
- Set the lasagna aside in a bowl.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini to the pot with a drizzle of olive oil. Saute until just softened (about 5 minutes).
- Return the lasagna noodles to the pot. Add pesto. Stir and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is vegan & vegetarian.
Leftovers: Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before reheating, an extra drizzle of olive oil will help rehydrate the noodles.
- Calories: 704
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 52mg
- Fat: 37.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 74.5g
- Fiber: 14.9g
- Protein: 30.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan pesto, handkerchief pasta, vegan pasta