Your family will love this sweet, vegan corn soup. Kids won’t notice the hidden vegetables! Slow cooker simple, just add salad & breadsticks.
- 1 pound petite gold potatoes (or other small, tender potatoes)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1–14oz can butter beans, drained
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- plant milk (plain, unsweetened)
- optional garnish: sliced green onion, smoked paprika, extra frozen corn kernels
- Add all ingredients – except plant milk and garnish – to a slow cooker / crockpot. Set your slow cooker to low for 7-8 hours.
- After cooking, pour plant milk in. Then use an immersion blender / stick blender until the soup is creamy enough for your taste.
- For extra corn texture, add a few handfuls of frozen corn kernels directly into the soup. Much like frozen peas, they’ll warm up really quickly. Then you get a nice bowl of creamed corn soup… with some yummy, sweet kernels mixed in.
- Serve and top with green onions and smoked paprika.
- Category: soup
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan corn soup, slow cooker corn soup, hidden vegetables recipe, vegan slow cooker