Work lunch got ya down? In barely 20 minutes, you can meal prep soba noodle salad with a creamy peanut sauce. 26g of plant protein will keep you full & fueled all afternoon.
Soba Noodle Salad
- 2 bundles soba noodles
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 2 Persian cucumbers (or 1 large cucumber), peeled into ribbons
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 packaged precooked tofu cutlet, diced
- Garnish: sesame seeds (white & black), green onion
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Add about 8 cups of water, frozen edamame beans and salt to a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add soba noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to make carrot and cucumber ribbons. (Avoid the wet cucumber seeds as they’ll make your salad soggy).
- When noodles are al dente, pour contents of the pot through a large strainer in the sink. (If you will immediately be dividing salad into food storage containers, run cold water over the noodles in the strainer until cool.)
- Whisk peanut sauce ingredients for 40-60 seconds, or until creamy.
- Toss soba, edamame, carrot and cucumber ribbons, and diced tofu together in the peanut sauce.