Better than take-out! Vegan Burrito bowls are an easy and family-friendly dinner or meal-prep lunches. Black beans and meatless crumbles, cilantro rice, and quick-smashed guacamole are layered in a bowl.
- 1 cup rice
- Water (per rice instructions)
- 1 tsp cilantro (dried or fresh)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from chipotle can (or more, depending on heat preference)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp oregano, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 – 1 whole package frozen meatless crumbles
- 1–2 avocados
- 1 lime wedge
- Sea salt, to taste
Other Topping Ideas
- Canned corn kernels
- Sour Cream (dairy or vegan)
- Sauteed bell pepper & onion slices
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add rice, salt and cilantro. Cover.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Use the cooking time on your rice packaging.
- Blend all adobo sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- When hot, add beans and meatless crumbles.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour adobo sauce over the mixture.
- Stir occasionally, letting the mixture simmer.
- When beans and crumbles are hot, and sauce has reduced, remove from heat.
- Using a paring knife, slice the avocado open lengthwise. Running the knife down to the pit.
- Twist open. Scoop the avocado into a small bowl with a spoon.
- Season with sea salt and lime juice.
- Smash with the back of the spoon until desired consistency.
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegetarian burrito bowl, vegan burrito bowl