Turn a “ladies who lunch” side dish into a high-protein, low-carb lunch! This Chickpea Waldorf Salad recipe has a sweet & tangy vegan lemon poppyseed dressing.
- 14oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 cups grapes, halved
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely minced
Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- 5oz non-dairy plain yogurt (I used “Kite Hill” almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir all dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- Combine all chopped salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Add dressing, and toss gently to coat.
Chickpea Waldorf salad is delicious served immediately. But it also keeps in the refrigerator well, when sealed in an airtight container.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Waldorf salad, vegan Waldorf salad, Chickpea Waldorf salad