Hiking? Skiing? Busy weekday? A vegan chorizo breakfast burrito bowl keeps ya full, and it’s perfect for meal-prep. Frozen hash brown potatoes make it easy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen, diced hashbrown potatoes
- 1 cup frozen vegan chorizo crumbles
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons diced hatch green chiles, mild
- Topping ideas: sliced avocado, salsa, vegan cheese shreds, green onion, cilantro
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- After 2 minutes, add frozen potatoes, frozen chorizo crumbles, salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Stir occasionally, cooking for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add green chiles and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add toppings, like sliced avocado, salsa, vegan cheese shreds, diced green onion or cilantro.
- This recipe is vegan and presumed to be gluten-free (please check your “soyrizo” / vegan chorizo packaging).
- For vegetarian, add a fried or poached egg on top of the breakfast burrito bowl.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To reheat, scoop a portion into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 295mg
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 33.9g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
Keywords: breakfast burrito bowl, vegan breakfast burrito bowl, vegan breakfast