Gorgeous & bubbly, this vegan eggplant zucchini lasagna a show-stopper for your next party! It may be 100% plant-based, but it’s pure comfort food.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- drizzle olive oil
- 25oz pasta sauce
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 18oz Victoria Vegan Artichoke Alfredo sauce
- 8oz vegan mozzarella (I like Miyokos “Mozz”)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Using a mandolin slicer or vegetable peeler, slice eggplant and zucchini into ribbons. Slice the outside of the zucchini, but discard the center core.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a baking sheet with olive oil. Arrange eggplant and zucchini “noodles” on the pan. They may overlap, depending on the size of your pan. Optionally, use 2 baking sheets to spread them out.
- Roast for 7-10 minutes. This dries out the excess moisture so that your “noodles” aren’t soggy. Check to ensure they don’t completely burn (crispy bits are lovely, however!)
- In a bowl, mix pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- In a casserole dish, layer: eggplant, tomato sauce, zucchini, vegan alfredo sauce. Repeat.
- Top the lasagna with a generous amount of alfredo sauce.
- Crumble vegan mozz cheese on top, and dot with fresh basil.
- Transfer casserole dish to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. (If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes at the end).
- Top with additional fresh basil leaves before serving.
This recipe is vegan, vegetarian and gluten free.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 14.7g
- Sodium: 716mg
- Fat: 19.8g
- Saturated Fat: 9.2g
- Carbohydrates: 31.3g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Protein: 8.8g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: vegan lasagna