100% vegan comfort food: this vegan lentil bolognese recipe is savory and “meaty” with Italian soffritto, easy canned lentils, and savory vegan umami. 🍝
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 portobello mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock concentrate paste
- 2 cans brown lentils, drained
- fresh sage
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large, heavy-bottom pot (like a dutch oven), add olive oil and heat over medium. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add portobello mushrooms and tomato paste. Stir and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir well, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt & pepper.
- Serve over pasta.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: lentil bolognese, vegan bolognese