How can ramen be savory & rich without meat? Umami! You CAN make restaurant-quality, vegan miso ramen with crispy tofu at home.
Vegan Miso Ramen Broth & Noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onion stalks, thinly sliced whites & green sliced (for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth concentrate paste + 6 cups water (or 6 cups vegetable broth)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 package somen noodles
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 4 cups baby spinach
- white & black sesame seeds, to garnish
- red chili flakes or sriracha, to garnish
Air-Fried Miso Glazed Tofu
- 8oz precooked tofu cutlet
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Air Fried Miso Tofu
- Preheat air fryer to 425.
- Slice precooked tofu cutlet into 6 slices. Then halve the slices lengthwise.
- Coat with 1 tsp miso paste and 1 tsp soy sauce.
- Arrange on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Air fry for 20-25 minutes.
Miso Ramen Broth & Noodles
- In a large soup pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add sliced green onion whites. Cook 3-4 minutes until they just begin to brown.
- Add garlic and ginger pastes. Stir until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- Pour vegetable broth, soy sauce and sesame oil into the pot.
- Add sliced shiitake mushrooms and carrot ribbons. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add somen noodles. They cook very quickly (less than 2 minutes), and simply need to be added to the ramen broth and stirred. They will cook as the remaining ingredients are added.
- To add miso paste: fill a ladle with broth. Add miso paste to the ladle. Use chopsticks or a small fork to whisk the miso paste. Once the miso has dissolved into the ladled broth, gently pour the miso into the soup pot. (Miso is hard to dissolve well when added to the whole pot).
- Add baby spinach and gently push it below the surface of the soup to wilt.
- Ladle broth and noodles into bowls. Top with 3 tofu slices.
- Garnish with white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, sliced green onion, and red chili flakes or sriracha.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: vegan ramen, vegan noodle soup, vegan miso ramen