Only vegan at the BBQ? No worries! Vegan pasta salad with Mediterranean flavors is a crowd-pleaser. It’s your new signature dish for summer party!
- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings blend
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cucumber
- 8oz roasted red peppers, drained
- 6oz marinated artichokes, drained
- 14oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black olives
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is al dente, drain water and rinse noodles in cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings.
- Add pasta and veggies to a large serving bowl.
- Pour dressing over the pasta when you are ready to eat. If you are not serving the salad immediately, toss noodles in a small drizzle of olive oil to prevent clumping.
This recipe is vegan.
For a vegetarian version, cubed feta cheese or bocconcini (small “pearl” mozzarella balls) may be added.
For a gluten-free version, you may try substituting a gluten-free pasta (rice pasta, lentil pasta, chickpea pasta, etc). However it has not been tested with this recipe yet.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American