Grilled cheese + your favorite dip = the perfect vegan sammie. This vegan spinach and artichoke grilled cheese is creamy, filling and so easy.
- 6oz baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6oz marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo – I used Vegenaise
- 6oz vegan “mozzarella” – I used Miyokos Mozz
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- vegan butter, to taste – I used Earth Balance
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add spinach and garlic. Cook until spinach has just wilted (3-5 minutes).
- Rinse spinach under cold running water until cool. Squeeze spinach to wring out as much water as possible. Use kitchen scissors or a knife to finely chop the spinach.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine spinach, artichoke hearts and vegan mayo.
- Spread mixture onto 4 of the bread slices. Top with mozz slices, then the top bread slices.
- Reheat the saute pan over medium heat.
- Butter the top of each sandwich, and turn butter-side down onto the hot pan.
- When golden on the bottom, butter the top. Then flip sandwiches using a large spatula.
- Vegan “cheese” can take a bit longer to melt than dairy cheese. If the grilled bread is crispy and golden on both sides, but you wish to melt the cheese longer: reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the saute pan with a lid for 5 more minutes.
- This recipe is vegan.
- For vegetarian, substitute dairy cheese such as mozzarella, gruyere or swiss.
- For gluten-free, substitute a GF baguette or sliced bread.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan grilled cheese, vegan sandwich