Bold and smoky, grilled romaine taco salad will win “Best Vegetarian Dish” at the BBQ! You’ll love the seared poblanos, cotija cheese and avocado dressing.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 2 poblano peppers, sliced & deseeded
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup avocado green goddess salad dressing (I used Bolthouse Farms)
- Heat a grill (or grill pan) over high heat. Grill temperature should be over 550 F.
- Arrange pepper slices in a single layer on a grill pan or foil. Cook for 5-10 minutes until soft and blistered, but not burned.
- Halve romaine heads lengthwise. Brush the cut side lightly with olive oil.
- Use tongs to place lettuce cut-side down on the grill rack. Sear for only 20-30 seconds. Flip and sear for another 20-30 seconds.
- To serve, lay one lettuce half on a plate. Top with beans, salsa, peppers and cotija cheese. Drizzle with green goddess salad dressing.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: taco salad, vegan taco salad, grilled salad, vegan bbq