A weeknight miracle: veggie-packed, kid-friendly, under 30 minutes and savory. This easy vegetarian pot pie will warm you from the inside out. Potato soup filling makes it a snap!
- 1 package refrigerated flaky biscuits (I used Annie’s Organic Flaky Biscuits)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 10oz bag frozen “steam in bag” red potatoes
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Splash red wine or vegetable broth (optional)
- 32oz carton creamy potato leek soup
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- Separate biscuits, arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake according to directions in oven or toaster oven.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high.
- While it’s heating, pour frozen potatoes, carrots and green beans into a microwave safe container (omit peas). Add 2 Tbsp of water. Microwave for 4-5 minutes to thaw and steam slightly. Drain water.
- When skillet it hot, add the potatoes, carrots and green beans. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally to prevent sticking.
- Splash red wine or vegetable broth in pan to deglaze. Scrape the bottom of the pan, with a non-metal utensil, to loosen crispy bits.
- Add potato leek soup, soy sauce and peas.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low.
- Whisk corn starch in 2 Tbsp of water until smooth.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch slurry into the mixture, whisking the mixture as you go.
- Gently stir for a few more minutes as the mixture thickens. Taste, season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Remove biscuits from the oven.
- To serve, arrange the cooked biscuits on top of the filling mixture.
Vegetarian: This recipe is vegetarian.
Vegan: This recipe has no added dairy ingredients. Refer to the label of the biscuits and potato leek soup for vegan/dairy details.
Gluten-Free: Substitute gluten-free biscuits. Refer to the label of potato leek soup for gluten/wheat details.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 5.3
- Sodium: 863mg
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 52.2g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegetarian pot pie, weeknight pot pie, easy pot pie